Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Phoebe's Blessing

On December 13, 2009, Matt blessed our baby girl. She was given the name Phoebe Ann Marie Mitchell and then her Daddy gave her the sweetest and most tender blessing to carry with her in this life. He blessed her to always know the love of her family and Father in Heaven and that as she goes through this life that she will be a peacemaker. It was so sweet and I was so happy to share that day with our family and friends. Phoebe's name has special meaning to us. The name Ann is in honor of her great grandmothers; my Nana, Mary Ann and Matt's Grandma, Ann. Her second middle name was a late addition that we decided on just a few weeks before she was born. Marie is my Aunt Carole's middle name and it was so important to me to honor her. She is more than just an aunt to me. She is a surrogate mom and most importantly, my friend.

Here are a few pictures of the blessing. Phoebe was not feeling the picture taking deal...ha! I am going to put her back in her beautiful blessing gown (same one that Piper wore) and have Matt take some pictures of her soon.




0 comments: