Saturday, February 27, 2010

Maternity Pictures and Baby Shower

Matt took beautiful pictures of me about a month before Phoebe was born. I am so grateful to have these photos. I look at them and feel so beautiful knowing that my sweet girl is inside growing and preparing to join us. I am so thankful to be a mom and to have the ability to carry my children.





I had a wonderful baby shower thrown for me by my two wonderful friends, Amanda and Devon. It was so nice to be with family and friends to celebrate the impending arrival of Phoebe. It was a surreal pregnancy in so many ways after having been a surrogate mom twice. There were times that I would have to pinch myself when I realized that the baby kicking me was my baby. What a gift to be able to have a sweet baby to love after the gift of being a surrogate mom. I think all surrogates should have a baby of their own after they are surrogates.

My beautiful and delicious cake! This was before we decided to add Marie as a second middle name.


Piper was so excited to be there and part of the celebration. She could not wait to meet her baby sister!


It was so fun to share my pregnancy with Amanda. She had her sweet baby girl, Nora just 12 days before Phoebe was born. Here we are in all our pregnancy glory!

3 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

so many beautiful photos.. such palpable love and joy. Thanks so much for sharing this journey with us!

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

Gorgeous pics and the shower looks fantastic! I can't WAIT to have our baby girl!!! I can't believe those were taken the month before she was born-- you look great!

Heather said...

Yea, your back!!! The pictures are beautiful! How is everything? I really need to call you and catch up, we've been crazy busy!! Love you guys!